Thursday, March 13, 2008

SHE'S HERE!!!

Then there were three! Anna Stuart joined two VERY TIRED parents at 10:52pm on Tuesday, March 11th. Weighing in at 7 lbs 14oz, 19 and 3/4 inches long. (and screaming her head off)


These past few days we've all already learned a little something about ourselves:
- Anna is amazing. When she cries she sounds like an eagle- which we find hysterical
- I now know what 14 hours of back labor feels like, and have a new found, deep-seated respect for anyone who gets beyond 6 cms without drugs (had it been up to me, I would have had help LONG before then!)
- Rob has found that he can be strangled (literally) and cursed out in 3 minute intervals from 2am until around 6:30pm...and not only will he survive, but miraculously, so will our marriage.She is SO already a Daddy's Girl. I'll try to put up some new pictures now that we've had a chance to shower and wear something besides hospital scrubs. For now, these will have to do, though. Thanks for all the well-wishing. We're in a complete state of awe with our baby girl.

23 comments:

andiewade said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! i was hoping i'd be seeing this when i went to your blog since there had been a lull in the "still pregnant" posts :). i'm so excited for you guys and i can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

TortfeasorG said...

so.......

have you had the baby yet?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to the both of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rob and Danielle!!!
And welcome to the world Anna Stuart Townley!!! We will be praying for you in the days ahead.

Andrew and Susan Cowan (yes, Susan is my wife)

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!! Congratulations Rob & Danielle and Welcome!! Anna Stuart!!! We are so happy for you and we know the "awesome" feeling. Prayers for all three of you - talk with you when you have time!

Laura said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful :)

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Holy Freakin' YAY! Caleb and I are so happy for you guys!! The first picture you posted is darling! I love the little screaming face. Talk about a little girl with her own personality! It's almost like she is saying, "I told you I didn't want to come out, MOM!"

Can you believe it?....you're a mom, danielle!!

Rob, we couldn't be more happier for you, too! =0)

Di said...

Congrats and it's true, a baby will change your life :)

LoveLladro said...

Congrats guys! I am so happy to have you home as a family of 3! Here's to AST and CHG, BFF!

Unknown said...

congrats!! she looks precious. way to hang in there danielle!

-amy (kirkham) & lance bergersen

Erik-Karen-Kyra said...

Congrats guys! Hope you enjoy your first night home as a family of 3!

We love you and are lifting you up in prayer as you take on this minor adjustment. :-) Can't wait to meet the new addition to the family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She looks like she's gonna be a handful! I hope you recover quickly Danielle, and can enjoy being a new mom! Maddie is excited to have another girl friend!

Anonymous said...

Completely amazing. I wish your new family many blessings and lots of fun!

Carrie and Scott said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm sure she was worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that everything went well. Congratulations to you both. I'll keep all thre of you in my prayers and look forward to seeing you all soon. Love and miss you!!!

Lilly Bean said...

Yay! Welcome to the family baby Anna. We love you already, you're gorgeous, perfect and wonderful.
Love,
Joe, Kristen and Lilly

Unknown said...

Rumor had it you had Anna. When I heard it from Jon (and Cheryl Rowley - she is super excited for you by the way) I had to see it for myself. Sure enough - there she is, Anna Stuart - already working on perfecting that Rock Star scream. Words can't describe my excitement for both of you. No more unbirthdays!

When you are off of your phone hiatus just let me know...

My gift to you is not leaving an extra long voicemail congratulating you. I figure this long comment acts as a good substitute :o)

andiewade said...

well, i'm certainly glad you came through it alright! crazy times, eh? :) are you guys home from the hospital yet? how's everything going? do you remember your name? do you remember what year it is? i hope you're getting some rest and you're figuring things out (in my opinion, in my vast 2 1/2 years of parenting experience, i think the newborn stage is the hardest... it gets better and better from here!)

Anonymous said...

woohoo congrats!!

p.s. she shares my birthday!

Kim said...

Congrats!! Maybe she'll be a singer like her momma ;)

Doyle said...

Imagine that, lungs and an attitude, no idea where that could come from after being at college with her mother for 4 years... Seriously though, congrats. I wish all babies could be born into families like yours. Not to say that I want you to all of a sudden have a random baby just pop up in your nursery, but ya' know. After all, would it be so bad? You wouldn't have to do that whole labor thing then.