Monday, March 24, 2008

Whew!

So, we've been a *tad* busy. Hope you guys didn't miss us too much.
Anna is fantastic. Not sleeping through the night yet (so obviously neither are we), but she's working on it. It's tough being 11 days old! Here's what we've been up to...


- Anna had her first bath. (note: She's not a fan).

- We traded in my Honda (sniff) Also, the first car I ever bought 'all by myself' for a Volvo S40. (Rob calls it his "Dad Mobile" - but it drives more like a Bond car).



- Shari and her family stopped by for a visit and to bring Anna her first Easter Basket - complete with power bars instead of jelly beans because they know Anna's parents are psycho health freaks.

In addition to all that, we also have been grocery shopping, getting our fireplace fixed, catching up on laundry, setting up day care, introducing Anna to our Bible study, and sending out birth announcements.

Oh, and here's our "9 month" pregnancy shot of me...and Anna... :-) Guess we waited just a LITTLE too long to take this one!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay who puts on an apron to give a baby a bath...that is really cute!! You look so happy Danielle. Shyann didn't sleep through the night til she was 4 months, and my sister's baby which is 22 days older than Shyann is almost 9 months STILL doesn't sleep through the night. But I hear giving them some wine in the bottle helps them...JUST KIDDING!!! But no you look GREAT!!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Anna is beautiful! I LOVE the picture of her in your lap. She looks like a little pink heart.

I feel like I have NO room to talk about "hanging in there", because I whined SO much for the first 6 weeks. But, you really do catch up on that sleep eventually. It gets so much easier....

LoveLladro said...

whew, I am tired just hearing it all!

Anonymous said...

She is so gorgeous! I love her to pieces! Hugs to you both! Liz REnder

Anonymous said...

Ok... in what movie did Bond wear a pink shirt under his apron?

Unknown said...

She is about the most perfect little baby I've seen in a long time!

Thinking of you and have been checking in every day to see what's new on the blog...
Love, Aunt Diane

Brian said...

So you managed to trade in a car in the past few days? impressive...we've only made it to the doctor's office, but we are getting good at that.

our first few nights were crazy...and I was very dillusional when I was tired, it was scary...but now Ethan sleeps for the second half of the night (like from 4am on..)

andiewade said...

love the pictures! i'm not letting lucas look at the computer so he doesn't get a crush on her so soon :)

andiewade said...

uh oh. maybe they're soul mates.

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Back off, Andie! Ben was born before Lucas....Anna gets to see if she likes him first! =0)

Caleb and Adrienne said...

I'm sorry I keep posting so much
=0) But, I like the picture of Rob holding Anna after the bath with Scout in the background in the crate....hehe.....story of our lives now! Poor Riley is always being put outside. He just wants to be too involved! How is Scout around Anna??