Well, as of tomorrow I have officially passed every day that the doctors SWEAR I won't make it to without going into labor. It wouldn't be so frustrating (I'm not even DUE until this Saturday) if we hadn't spent the last 2 months doing everything we could to NOT go into labor. It also doesn't help that every time I've seen a doctor they say something like "Hmmm... yeah, I'd say 48 more hours at most". So we sit on pins and needles for the next 48 hours only to be told the same thing again. We've decided to just expect her sometime this June instead. It's a lot less stressful, and besides, I've always wanted a summer baby. ;-)
I did stop working this week- which seems to have been a good decision since I've stopped sleeping anyway. You don't realize how much that last trimester really takes out of you until you give yourself a minute to regroup. Whew. So as of yesterday I am a temporary 'trophy wife' relaxing on my couch, reading books, and talking Scout on walks around the neighborhood. I don't think I could do this forever, but for now- it's a pretty sweet deal.
christmas time
13 years ago
5 comments:
Danielle! I'm sorry I've been totally absent as far as any contact with you in like, forever. But, wow, how exciting that baby is coming any day. It's hard to believe. I can't wait to see pictures when she gets here. And I'm sure that at least for the next 18 years you could stay at home every day and still not have time to sit on the couch and read! haha. I hope you enjoy every minute of relaxation! I'll say a prayer for you and Rob. Love ya, Amy (flanders) Bunch
why do doctors do that??? they did the same stupid thing to me saying they'd be completely shocked if i made it to my due date... i managed to completely shock them all, and then some. from now on i'm just never taking a due date seriously.
hang in there! believe it or not, you actually won't be pregnant forever :)
and this is andie, by the way :)
We're sending more labor dust your way now....since we forgot to do it on the ride up to MD! I wish there was more we could do....this was by far the hardest part for me (and I went 3 days early)..... waiting sucks!
Danielle,
I have been keeping up your blog. I also echo Amy sorry...I have been absent. Though, you guys have been in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully she will get here very very soon! Can't wait to see pics.
Beth
Post a Comment