Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween is Over. THANK YOU!

So Halloween was fun..I guess? We didn't really do much. I made tacos for dinner and we were both feeling tired from a long day at work so we decided to take turns answering the door for Trick or Treaters. Scout spent the night in the crate (mad at us) because he gets WAY too excited when we get company and we were worried that he would scare the small kids.

So, we were watching Kid Nation (shut up, it's cool) and my turn came up again. When I opened the door there was a little girl- maybe 3 years old- staring at me with huge eyes and holding out her pumpkin bucket. No sooner did I give her some candy then another girl (maybe eight years old) came up behind her in a wolf mask patiently waiting her turn. The three year old turned and saw "the wolf" and started screaming...and screaming...and screaming. Did her mom remove her from the situation, soothe her and explain it was just another kid? Noooo. Her mom calmly kept repeating "Say Thank you". (more screaming) Mom: No...Say Thank you (Screaming...Scout is now howling from the kitchen) "SAY THANK YOU" (Screaming, howling, and I'm starting to wonder if someone has called the police). I was trying to tell her mom (over all the noise) that REALLY, a "thank you" isn't necessary - and I felt awful for the poor little girl who was OBVIOUSLY terrified. But this mom wasn't having it. Finally the mother gave up, glared at her daughter and then looked at me and said "Sorry. Thank you". And they left.
I shut the door, turned around completely bewildered at the insanity to find my husband on the couch laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.
Rob answered the door for the rest of the night after that one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is classic, seriously.

Anonymous said...

LOL, you two are going to be great parents! :)

Doyle said...

Quite frankly, I would have been about the same way as the spouse, that's freakin' hilarious. We don't do the whole trick or treat thing because our dog would attack the door. He's still working on what you might call the social skills.

andiewade said...

that's hilarious.

we went to this big this our church has every year with games and whatnot. rachel was all decked out as tinkerbell and really excited about it too. then we got there and she saw all the costumes (i don't even think any of them were scary) and she was that screaming child. *sigh* we'll try again next year.

you feeling alright these days?

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Since you asked =0), we are leaning towards the name Conner Jackson or Benjamin Asher. Now that we know we are having a boy, we have a lot less names to choose from! So, we are going back to the drawing board to think some more....but we like the two names we've come up with so far!