Another Monday...
Rob is coming home from his weekend trip to London today. I swear, sometimes it's all I can do to keep that guy inside the United States! We've gone as long as 7 months without seeing eachother but for some reason, this was the longest 4 days ever! I think I'm getting spoiled having him around all the time.
This weekend landed me in the ER again. (That would be the third time). Laura and I were shopping at Home Depot and I started feeling what I could only guess were contractions. All the horrors of having Rockstar at 22 weeks came flooding to me and the next thing you know, we were off to get help. After being strapped to various microphones and sonogram devices, the doctors confirmed that I was indeed having contractions and gave me a shot in the arm (???) that stopped them (and hurt like a mother). Apparently, on my laundry list of super fun stuff that's happened since we got pregnant, I can add "Irritable Uterus Syndrome". They said as long as nothing else changes - it's okay to have contractions. How am I supposed to know if "anything else is changing" when it took a specialist, a doctor and a nurse - whose sarcasm rivals my own - (and I quote "Being able to change so fast is what got you here in the first place, huh?") to figure out I'm okay.
Yeah.
Anyway, everything is cool now. We Townleys just have a knack for keeping eachother on our toes. When Rob called from London I was in the middle of all the tests. It must be a great thing to call your pregnant wife from a different country and her first words are "Okay, don't freak out, but..."
christmas time
13 years ago
4 comments:
Danielle,
I am so sorry to hear about your scare over the week-end. You have had your fair-share of bad pregnancy symptoms! I hope that things get better for you and easier. I don't really know much about the reasons for early contractions, but I have read that drinking tons and tons of water helps!! Dehydration seems to bring them on.
Also...thank you so much for the suggestion! Caleb and I are going out to dinner Thursday night with our "envelope/results". He likes the dessert idea, too!!
Adrienne
Glad you're ok. I know those scares can really be... well... scary.
But IUS?!? That's just gross. Thanks for the lasting image.
eew.
If you guys need anything, don't forget about your friends south of the beltway.
Oh man! I'm so sorry...that must have been so scary. Thank God everything turned out OK. Have you been feeling Rockstar move yet? Tyler is such a little soccer player, that has been reassuring me since about 20 weeks! Except now he's getting way too strong. Only about 3 weeks to go...yes, so much still to do, once we get 1 room done (or at least looking good) we destroy all the other rooms. Take care, lots of prayers!
MY ADVICE...DRINK TONS AND TONS OF WATER.. I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN...HAVE FUN PEEING ALL THE TIME..LMAO!
Post a Comment