It seems as though the ramifications of our 2-month stay in North Carolina are STILL coming back to haunt us. In addition to
owing North Carolina FOUR DOLLARS in my taxes this year (Thanks to the "job" I had at
Onslow County Public Schools for a hot minute), we sold or gave away a lot of our household items that would never fit in our 'grand' pink carpeted one bedroom apartment. (yes. PINK). Among these items was our brand new grill we'd had for MAYBE a month before we found out we were moving. We sold the grill to our neighbors,
Adam and Jess. Rob was distraught over this one. But I, in my infinite wisdom, convinced him it would be futile to keep it in a storage unit for 2 years - and besides, it's not like Home Depot would discontinue it or anything.
Sheesh.
We were back 2 months later. Oh, and yes, Home Depot DID discontinue it.
We've been eyeing it ever so enviously from our yard ever since. (I realize this picture seems stalker-
ish. I'm okay with that).

Finally we started the grill hunt. (i.e. I looked it up exactly one time on Google) Lo and behold if you can't find LITERALLY everything on
http://www.amazon.com/. Today we fired up the new 'old' grill, and I think the sky was a little bluer, the grass a little greener, and the salmon...well, a little undercooked but
whatever.
2 comments:
I feel so violated! What ELSE can you see from up there?!
if it makes you feel any better, the grill is loved from its new owners ;~)
Post a Comment