Like the title? It's like a "choose your own adventure" novel
So...we're back in NC again for the moment. You never know where those Townleys will turn up next, huh? Last night we went back to the Juggling Gypsy hookah bar in Wilmington to see Amy Steinberg, an indie singer/songwriter about whom we knew absolutely nothing. Though we had to leave the performance a little early, Amy was awesome. One of the best new talents we've seen, and totally down to earth. She chatted with us for a while before the set (I think she needed to talk to someone, ANYONE, since she's been in the car touring for longer than she'd like)...very cool lady. Seriously folks, check her out (shamless plug - http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg). Something akin to Ani Difranco meets the Indigo Girls with a little funk thrown in for good measure.
Anyhow, so more fun in Jacksonville (say it with a French accent and it sounds better). The other day I bought some lettuce at Wal Mart, only to take it home and find it infested with aphids. Nasty little crawly buggers. So, we took the receipt and tainted produce back the next morning more than anything to ensure that other people don't buy the rest of the bad batch of lettuce. I spoke to someone in the produce department about it, and they took the lettuce from me and told me to just go get another one. Yeah...I had to go get another one to show them that I CAN'T BUY ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL INFESTED. So, 20 minutes and a conversation with the manager later, they pulled all the lettuce from the shelves. Another 20 minutes in line at customer service, and we had our two dollars and forty-eight cents that the lettuce cost back in our pocket. We went back to WalMart yesterday to get some milk, and just thought to check up on the lettuce to see if we could buy some. Yeah, they put out the SAME lettuce, still shot through with bugs. So again, we yelled at the produce manager who immediately pulled the lettuce from the shelves. I'm sure the same stuff will be back on sale tomorrow. We're not buying veggies from WalMart anymore. I would write the management a letter, but I really think it would fall on deaf ears.
christmas time
13 years ago
4 comments:
For as many times as you seem to be helping Walmart, have you been paid for your services? A phone call to the newspaper would keep that lettuce where it belongs.
Ugh - no desire to eat lettuce for a while now *shudder*. Way to go though! - hmmm a future in health inspection?
I loved those "choose your own adventure" novels. They were the best.
Problems like this, I always drop an e-mail to the corporate office of said company. I always see results. Sometimes, they even jump through hoops for you.
If you're still in NC this week, my new show opens on Wednesday and runs through Saturday at Peace College in Raleigh. Come and visit!
Post a Comment