Okay. So now we're in Maryland...yes, again. I just got through my second of two interviews. I remember when I first got out of college, I went to about 500 interviews (slight exaggeration) for "entry level" positions and I'd sit across from my potential hiring manager sweating and praying that they would pick me over the 100 other college grads sitting in the waiting area.
Times they are a-changing. Now that my resume has more on it than my name and "PLEASE HIRE ME" in bold (yes, that's a joke) it's a little easier to get companies to take an interest in me.
Rob and I have been super frustrated with the last two months...the false promises from the military, moving 400 miles away and then turning around to move back, leaving the security of my job, etc. We couldn't understand why our prayers for guidance weren't being answered (i.e. we would have NEVER moved had we known Rob was going to deploy). But my Dad made a really good point the other day-- Leaving my job to move to NC with Rob gave us 2 full months to spend together with no work-related interruptions. We have GREAT tenants who've agreed to give us our home back, and now I'm finding out through interviews that I'm worth more than I would have given myself credit for had I just stayed with my old company. Now I know all of this is happening because we have prayed so hard about each decision - and had terrific friends and family supporting and praying right along with us. Seeing the whole picture come together has been an amazing experience.
We have about 10 days before Rob deploys. As usual, we'll be up and down the East Coast getting everything squared away-- but I must say, I'm feeling much more confident about the next 5 months knowing that God is handling this.
christmas time
13 years ago
5 comments:
I promise to keep you both in my prayers. Best of luck!
it makes me very happy to see your new perspective on things!
You are blessed that your Father in Heaven, gave you a wonderful father on earth! :)
Girl I got chills just reading this blog..God is an AWESOME God!! Everything will work out for ya!!
Danielle and Rob are my Heros!
Post a Comment