Monday, October 23, 2006

Other Updates... just to show we care

So, we're back in Carolina... I have a LOT of time on my hands today while Rob is starting the check out process, so I figured I'd update some stuff that fell by the wayside lately.... and of course as always, I have pictures.

1.) Rob and I had a great 1st anniversary... we stayed in some uppity hotel in Baltimore and had a fantastic dinner at the Helmand; which is also the restaurant where we ate on our first date. This will make me sound 100 years old, but after all the craziness lately, it was nice to have a quiet night out together.


2.) Laura and Micah took us out for our "farewell dinner" in Columbia.

3.) a little more driving to VA




4.) This past weekend Rob ran in the Race for the Cure in Virginia Beach. It was freeeeeezing! I didn't run this one -- it was too early in the morning and we've been way too tired, but I went to support. I always like the races that serve as fund raisers for a good cause. It was very grounding to see so many women who have/are currently fighting breast cancer out there supporting each other. Events like this tend to restore my faith in humanity.



P.S. The pink bandana around his knee is the trademark of Race for the Cure. Each year they have a new one and it's pretty customary to wear it on race day.

Okay, well that's about it. Rob just called and is on his way home to take me out to lunch. The only other update I have is that we're pretty sure he's leaving either Monday or Tuesday of next week. Thanks again for all of your prayers! Catch you on the flip!

2 comments:

LoveLladro said...

Love the pics... what a gorgeous shirt you wore out to dinner with Micah, Laura and Rob ;~)

MD misses you 2 ~

And Rob... from one who has been touched (rather 'beat to hell') by breast cancer... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, things are really winding up (and down again) for the Townleys! I loved seeing your pics guys. Ryan and I will be praying for you Rob! And you too Danielle, because although I don't have any faith in humanity (as a whole that is, perhaps in individuals, like Rob, who are working through Christ's strength and will) I do have faith that our Lord will carry you through! You guys are awesome and I love to read up on how God is showing you great and mighty things! I miss ya'll! ~amy