Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Playing Hookie: Not just for kids anymore

So, yesterday I stayed home from work to hang out with my man. He had a wierd schedule and got Sun/Mon off instead of Sat/Sun. Anyway, on Sunday (Happy Father's Day!) we went to dinner at Andy's house for some Maryland Crabs. Pause: I LOVE MD Crabs: We had a great time and (finally) met the rest of the Kirkham clan...and someone brought this amazing homemade cherry pie...(*cough-the Townleys-cough*). Hey, it was our first adventure making something from scratch- the cherries were picked off my grandfather's tree. It's a proud moment in Townley history.
Anyway, Monday I blew off work. (I can't remember the last time I even thought about doing that). Rob and I spent the day together running errands, working out at the gym, and driving through thunderstorms. Had a very luxurious dinner of freezer pizza and wine, and promptly fell asleep. So glamorous, huh?

Cherry Pie Baking Pics...
.
I gotta say, I love the cheerleading t-shirt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob's been making cherry pie on your very same kitchen table for many a year! Looks terrific.
Carry On!
Love.
Mom T.

Anonymous said...

The cherry pie WAS amazing!! After the crabs, the fruit, the potatoes, the corn, the fruit, the roasted veggies, the salad...(did I mention the fruit), we had no idea we had room for a slice of Townley cherry pie - but it was just toooo good to not finish! A+ on making cherry pie, guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay Ultimate Frisbee!