Friday, May 01, 2009

House (still) for Sale

The house is still on the market - thanks for asking. I hate showing our house, by the way.
We have to make the bed every morning (re: Waste of my time) and clean up any signs that might clue someone in that a family actually lives here. It's hard enough keeping up after me and Rob. Anna is different story all together. Her hands are normally covered in banana (or some other sticky substance) and it's a game I like to call "let's touch EVERYTHING I can before Mom gets me with the baby wipes". Once we get her cleaned up with wipes she's normally mad at us and will follow us around the house with her hands on her hips while yelling what we can only assume are baby swear words. She must take after her father.
Our only complaint other than what Rob affectionately refers to as "life in the museum", is that the house showing times can get a little ridiculous. Last week a realtor had a 2 hour window to show our house. I know every man's home is his 'castle' but our castle doesn't require more than about 8 minutes to see in it's entirety. Having your toddler miss a nap or meal at home because some realtor can't apply time managment skills is a mistake we won't be replicating. They can buy someone else's castle. Anyway, live and learn. It's only been a month and from what I understand, in the real estate market that's like 15 minutes. We'll just have to be patient. And super clean.

3 comments:

Di said...

hang in there ;) you can also request your realtor to put on the listing certain hours that you don't want the house shown (i.e. anna's nap on the weekends)! that may help!?

LoveLladro said...

"baby swear words"... cracking up over here!

We are praying that the house goes soon... I can't imagine living in a museum ;~)

Erik-Karen-Kyra said...

yeah, not looking forward to joining you in that castle/museum stage! It's coming...ugh!