We are working on discipline with Anna. We both think it's very important that she take the word "No" seriously so that in situations where her safety could be at risk we'll be able to tell her "no" and be confident that we've worked on it with her enough that she'll listen.
We wanted a cause/effect approach that she can understand and we can be consistant with. We've decided to go with the Time Out stool as recommended by copious books (as well as Super Nanny). One minute of time out per year of age. It's been interesting. I think the hardest part is not laughing. Some things that we did not anticipate:
1.) How much Anna LOVES the Time Out stool. She wants to carry it around the house.
2.) How interesting anything within reach can be when you're in Time Out.
3.) Time out for Anna means time out for Mom or Dad because we have to sit with her. Otherwise she makes a dash for it and laughs the whole way down the hall.
Here's ONE 60 second time out with Anna....It's broken up because I had to stop and sit her back down each time she got up, but I promise, It's one minute.
christmas time
13 years ago
6 comments:
My mother and I watched this and laughed our butts off..lol
Hilarious! Liz Render
How, how, how do you do that without cracking up? The kicking the feet, the fake whine, the playing with the railing? I couldn't stop laughing... in fact, I am going to watch it again. I may bookmark it for days when I need a pick me up!
Anna's mother was much the same - she kept us in stitches! :)
Ahhhh....the joys of discipline. Why do they have to be so darn cute??
Rob, dude, need your address. Shoot it on over to me when you get the chance. csmdad@gmail.com I think we've got it, but want to make sure.
Post a Comment