Yep, that about covers it.
So apparently I've been banging my head against a wall for two weeks learning this PMP crap just to fail the stupid test this morning. The super fun news is that I get to retake it. All four hours. Yay!
I talked with my instructor who told me that based on my practice tests, I should have passed and probably only missed it by a small margin and did I do anything out of the ordinary this morning that might have 'thrown off my game'?
Hmmmm.....
- Up all night with screaming, teething baby (Rob was out of town)
- Woke up with weather-induced headache (always the worst before it rains)
- Dropped Anna off at daycare as soon as they opened at 6:30am (trying to give myself as much time to get to the test as possible.)
- Picked up cup of coffee on way to test (for the headache)
- Sat in 90 minutes of bumper to bumper traffic (For what should have been a 25 minute drive) in the rain (of course NOW it's raining) with the horrifying realization that I am not going to be on time for my 8:30 test. Also that I am going to have to pee. Like Soon.
Lots of stress, tears, a pleading phone call to the testing center and a very awkward road side "emergency stop" later I showed up with four minutes to spare. Not that I'm making excuses, but there's a chance my head just wasn't in it at that point.
Not to worry, my instructor said I just need to keep up the studying until I can retake the test (in about two weeks)...1-2 hours a night should do it.
I think I'm going to go drink my body weight in yuengling.
christmas time
13 years ago
8 comments:
Dooood... I am so cringing for you right now. I am so sorry all that happened and even sorrier that it interfered with the test. Praying for you on the next go round!
D- you will do it, next time! The test in itself is very stressful, plus being a firstime mommy and doing it alone while big poppa was out-of-town. I commend you! Just try not to focus to much on the failure and praise yourself on the fact that you completed the dang thang;-0 (the test that is, it is a long and sometimes boring test).
Best of Luck!
T
ouch.....not having time to focus on what you are doing before the test is what hurt you I bet. I always like to go over the info right before.
Danielle,
I got a head ache just reading that post! So sorry to hear about one of "those" mornings. Hang in there....and try not to let it ruin your day, week or Christmas!
Adrienne
Dag...Dan...that just sucks. No way around it. But hey "studying is fun!" right? =) I hope that the next test goes smoother (including all of the stuff leading up to it). Hey 1-2 weeks...that would make passing it one heck of a Christmas present!
Here's hoping the hangover headache went away quickly as well.
Wade
Throw an ounce of Tequila in there too! I promise, it makes everything better!
okay, now I like it...since I can see it. I guess Uncle Sam just doesn't want me to do ANYTHING fun! I like the Christmas balls!
Hey Girl!
I need your help on a birthday blog idea I have for Ben =0) When you get a chance, can you e-mail me so that I have your e-mail address??? Thanks!
hazel22882@yahoo.com
Post a Comment