Sunday, November 02, 2008

CU What??


We've just returned from another road trip. (Too many more of those and I think Anna may put herself up for adoption.) We went down to Campbell University for our first EVER Homecoming Football game.
Traveling with a kid requires a LOT of planning so I took my time packing Anna's stuff so we wouldn't forget anything. We also consolidated as much as possible because with a high chair, stroller, etc., space is a hot commodity. So all our clothes went into one bag (Anyone who travels with a woman knows this is a huge accomplishment.)
We knew the trip was off to a great start when we got all the way down to NC (after hours and hours of traffic) and realized both of us thought the other one put the bag of clothes in the car. Awesome. So we took a detour to Target to buy Anna a sleeper and some clothes that she'll probably outgrow by Friday. Rob and I hit up Old Navy for pants, socks, etc. and the Campbell bookstore for sweatshirts so we pretty much looked like "that couple" who dresses alike all weekend.

The game sucked. It's the first year Campbell has a football team so we expected to lose, but the score was 21-0 in the first QUARTER. By the end of the game, the stands were all but empty and the score was an embarrassing 49-0. I can say with complete confidence that me and my friends could have done a better job. I also think Campbell owes me $30...and some gas money. No one should have to pay to see that. I don't think you should even see it for free, which is why there are no pictures of the game on here. You're welcome.

The saving grace was the 'after-party' at Jon and Katies where we all drank our sorrows away until the wee hours of the night. Okay, like 11pm. Shut up, we're parents.

That's us this morning at breakfast. Anyway, we just got home a few hours ago and we're gearing up for another insane week.
Don't forget to vote Tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, THIS is why MiniVans RULE! There is no compromising; everything fits! :)

LoveLladro said...

Don't give up the Xterra! It's way cooler than a minivan!

I commend you on the one suitcase! I got to that point when we used to come up here! Not just for space but for convenience!

As for football... at least you were there to root Campbell on... that should be worth something ;~)

Doyle said...

Thought about going, but had to work on Saturday. Well, didn't have to, but its cheaper than buying food. That's what happens when you work for a farmer and he pays you in produce.

Caleb and Adrienne said...

It was so good to see you guys this past week-end. Thank you for making the trek down south. It would not have been the same without you all!!

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

nice skinny jeans!!! love ya, preggo