Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Oh, For the Love!

So Yesterday was fun. I haven't been feeling stellar over the past few days- lots of stomach pain, nausea, etc. and after a sleepless night on Monday I decided to go see my doc. Turns out, everything is okay with Rockstar (whew) but I have the flu. Apparently during my exam I mentioned a few 'buzz words" so JUST IN CASE, Rob and I got to tour the Labor and Delivery ward at the hospital celebrity style. Basically we were checked in as "pre-term labor" and I got strapped down to the heart and contraction monitor (again) while Rob got to check out all the cool stuff the room has in it. We were there for a few hours while the nurses checked on my charts and forced water down my throat before deciding everything was cool and we could go home.
The flu is contagious (I even had my stupid flu shot this year) and my doc said it takes about 3 days to work through your system if you're pregnant - because you can't take anything for it. So I'm home taking leave for the third day in a row. I'd like to personally thank whoever came to work sick and 'passed the torch' to me. Ignorant.
I should take the time to add though, that my husband was Superman yesterday. He took the day off with me to drive me to the different doctor appointments and make sure everything was okay, made lunch, dinner, took Scout for a run, hung out with me on the couch... you know, Supermanny things. Thanks honey! I Love You!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Poor thing, being sick while pregnant is the worst, no soothing Nyquil allowed! If you're lonely/bored today, give me a call. I'm just hanging around the house :)

Anonymous said...

Danielle, sorry you had to go through the flu - hope you feel better! Love you, Mom

andiewade said...

i've never gotten a flu shot before and i don't think i've ever had the flu... but this year the doctor, of course, wanted to to get the flu shot, and ihave been sick more this winter than i ever have in my life. coincidence? not sure, but worth considering. dumb flu shots.

hope you're feeling better! time is ticking away for us, my friend...

Anonymous said...

I need to find a husband just like Rob!!! Love and miss you guys.