Okay guys, we are rolling in on the FINAL COUNTDOWN! Three more days!!! We have to stay in NC for the night, so this year we've finally gotten smart and opted for a Bed and Breakfast out of town instead of staying in one of the smokey, overpriced hotels in Jacksonville. (We've literally stayed in EVERY hotel there, so trust me when I say they all suck).
Work is a joke this week. Tom (my boss) said he's pretty much expecting me to be here "in body, not in mind" which is...well, accurate. Especially with EVERYONE coming by and asking me what the countdown is. People keep asking me if I'm excited. No offense, but SERIOUSLY? My husband, whom I haven't seen in five months, is on his way home and you're wondering am I excited? Let's go with "yes. just a tad."
I'm focusing more than I thought I'd be able to, but for some reason around the last half hour of work each day I'm completley useless. I'm doing the "cheesy smile" thing that I normally make fun of other people for. Yeah, it's a great look for me. Wednesday and Thursday should be fun though... I have three long meetings to participate in and I think when they ask to see my 'notes', they're not going to be talking about the ones that say "I heart Rob" all over the back of my Social Studies book.
christmas time
13 years ago
2 comments:
so...... are you excited?
Yea!! I'm so happy for you! I know you're dying for the next 3 days to go by quickly & I'll pray that they do. Enjoy your brief stay in NC & next time you're in the state (and your hubby hasn't just come home), come stay a while! You're always welcome! :)
Post a Comment