Monday, June 13, 2005

a refrigerator box of our own

Okay, sorry it's been a while (like a long while) but times are hard here for the Townley Hopeful. (that's me!). The wedding is still on, but in addition to that stress we have added two categories:
1.) house hunting
2.) The Stupid Marines. (yeah, that's right. I said stupid).
Rob and I have come to the startling, and depressing realization that if we don't get off our butts and buy a home soon, they will be WAY out of our price range. no. like WAY out of our price range. So we're on the move. It's ridiculous the things people can sell nowadays. A decent townhouse will cost you about $299,000 IF YOU'RE LUCKY. Obviously we don't have this kind of income so we're praying for some kind of "house-miracle". No miracle sightings so far. Those of you who bought houses "back in the day" know that the seller pays closing costs, etc. Not anymore. Now, in addition to closing costs, we buyers are expected to pay about $10,000 MORE than the asking price, plus waiving a home inspection, and a lot of times replacing bad carpets, flooring ourselves. One house had HOLES in the walls and was still going for over $300,000. Un-Real.
3.) In addition to this, Rob is still in NC. I'm doing most of the home shopping myself and he's spending 5 million hours in the car driving up and back on weekends. THEN we found this out: Rob is going to Africa. For 6 Months. The Week after we get married. Can you believe it? They said the Iraq would be the last time. Apparently the military lied. (shocker). So the week after we tie the knot, I'll be driving Rob to the airport yet again. We are so bummed out. Right, so pray for us if you think about it. We are one giant ball of stress right now and could use some encouragement from our one faithful reader... do we still have even one reader these days?? Mom?? Anyone??

3 comments:

LT said...

Yeah, you still have at least one loyal fan. Sorry as hell to hear about all that stuff going on. You're both in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

MOM.......? :) I am always here for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am here again, no new update huh? :0 Well, just know I am here! and love you!