Sunday, April 05, 2009

Cali Moody needs your prayers

This weekend I took a trip to my old stomping grounds, CU, for Relay for Life.
Chad and Sara - friends of mine from college - are now married and have three beautiful little girls. Their middle child, Cali, has been fighting a brain tumor since she turned one. (She will be three this summer). The doctors at Duke are doing what they can, but a brain tumor isn't exactly a head cold and so I guess I'll leave it at "it's complicated." Chad and Sarah are asking for prayers as the doctors make a huge decision between recommending a treatment that will give Cali more time or a treatment that has a very slim chance of curing her but will be much more difficult on her little body.

To say that prayers for Cali are appreciated would be putting it lightly.

Below is Bella, Cali's older sister, and Anna at the Relay for Life event. (Give Anna a break, we had literally just driven 6 hours in the car and she was threatening to put herself up for adoption if we drove any further). Bella was probably the most attentive 4 year old babysitter I've ever seen. I suppose with two little sisters to practice on, it's hardly surprising.

3 comments:

Jessica Hansen said...

This story had me choked up! Tell your friends they will defintely be in my prayers!

Caleb and Adrienne said...

We'll be thinking and praying for them!

Diane said...

Take about 30 minutes to listen to this testimony about Cali's story by Chad Moody, her dad. They are members of my church and I babysit the girls every week. They are such a precious family, and praise God that they still have so much joy despite opposition.

http://www.emmanuel-baptistchurch.org/Docs/Chad%20Moody%20-%20Cali%20Testimony.mp3

Also, listen to Cali singing "Jesus Loves Me." It's so precious and you might want to grab some tissues for both of these because they will tug at your heart.